Tuesday 1 January 2013

hello new year

I baked a fair few cakes and pastries, made meringues aplenty, had a pretzel dough calamity but also a christmas pudding triumph {surprisingly}. I found treasures galore in the local charity shops and was heartbreakingly pipped to the post at buying a most splendid vintage dolls house {still not quite over it}. I made a lovely brides headdress for a lovely bride who had a very scandinavian wedding {more on that later} and I stitched together several costumes for the little lady of the house. I bought new cookery books and yet more sewing books and made a list of even more things I'll never get round to making...I made curtains and blinds {but not quite finished and still more to do} and put up pictures and filled shelves with nik naks and 'stuff'. I picked up the needle and the hook and actually finished some knittery bits and rather optimistically started some new ones. I finally crocheted together my modest pile of granny squares and found that I could just about follow 'The Killing' with one eye on the hook. I had lovely days out with my little family, come rain, wind or shine in Wisley, Kew, Whipsnade to name but a few. We holidayed in a very wet New Forest, flew a kite on a blustery windswept beach and all rather enjoyed Peppa Pig World! We drove north for a jubilant jubilee party and much closer to home, walked down to the river to cheer on Bradley Wiggins in the Olympic time trial. I started a 'Stitch Club' with friends and became just a little bit addicted to pinterest and recently joined instagram. But I still don't understand twitter or why everything has to start with a hashtag these days.............. Oh, and I had a new baby and we moved out of our house while we had a fairly substantial extension built................
But I've already mentioned the last two a few times I'm sure!

And I hardly blogged at all. Sometimes the real life stuff just happily gets in the way and sneakily steals away that time reserved for talking about said life stuff. And that is a good thing I reckon.

I have an invisible 'to do' list for 2013, the length of Dumbledores beard {I'm thinking more Richard Harris than Michael Gambon here}. And I'm really hoping I can get my blogging mojo back. But we'll see, I can only do what I can do....after feeding and watering the children there's usually very little of me left that can do any more than veg in front of Corrie.

So, sayonara 2012. It's been eventful to say the least.

How was your year? Are you ready for 2013? 

Bon chance mes Amis.

A very Happy New Year to you all. x


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Sarah!! So nice to read about all that life stuff and I wish you and your family a wonderful 2013.
    ..I must find you on Instagram, I'm loved_by
    ..we only secretly love a bit of peppa pig in this house, being all growing up boys, but we secretly love it a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Mel. Happy New year to you and your family. Been thinking about you and your little baby bump. I shall go seek you out on instagram and pop along to your blog to have a catch up x

      Delete
  2. I've just come across your blog, it's lovely. Thought I'd say Hi & I'm looking forward to seeing more posts! xx
    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Harri. Thanks for popping by. I shall go have a nosy at your blog.x

      Delete
  3. Just found you through Jen at littlebirdie - love these pics. I'm constantly on the look out for a sewing box like the one in your september photo - my mum had one and I have fond memories of looking through it.
    Looking forward to reading more during 2013! x

    sittinginthekitchensink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen. Thanks for visiting. I picked up the sewing box at the local charity shop. It was such a good find! Wanting to do a bit of a spruce up of it then no doubt I'll post pics.
      I shall go visit your blog too. x

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling, where does. The time go? Hoping to hear from you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca-Lou! Lovely to hear from you. Glad you're back blogging. I shall go have a catch up on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and just to say I gave you a Liebster award over on my blog - well deserved and what lovely pics above, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete