Wednesday 3 March 2010

✴ the fat quarter

A package arrived this morning containing the limited edition fabric fat quarters I had ordered from the 
Such lovely colourful and striking patterns. Each one is recreated from patterned fabric found in the patchworks displayed in the forthcoming Quilt Exhibition .
As I looked delightedly through these gorgeous fabrics (while spooning ready brek into the hungry little mouth of the baba) I imagined the quilts that had been lovingly hand stitched with such lovely bright patterns and passed down from mother to daughter.
In a whimsical way I instantly imagined Miss Matty in Cranford reading a book by candlelight under an heirloom patchwork quilt and Mr and Mrs Timmins in Lark Rise, settling to sleep after a weary day under a much loved and well worn old bedspread. But then, sometimes I do get a bit carried away....
I'm really looking forward to the exhibition. But until then, what to do with my fat quarters....
Lots of Fat Quarter ideas and patterns over at SewMamaSew 

Or, perhaps I'll use them in the quilt I keep talking about making....


1 comment:

  1. i was at the V&A in August last year and absolutely loved it. it was one of my three must sees ... i just love the costumes etc they have. it's such an amazing museum, and i had no idea they had fabric as well. and it loos wonderful. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete