Wednesday 7 May 2008

Pearl & Crystal Hair Corsage

I made this in November 2007 and wore it in my hair in the evening reception of my own wedding.
It was perfectly elegant and went really well with my Jenny Packham dress which was a 1930's style silk bias cut dress that epitomized Hollywood glamour.

The hair corsage was made of twisted silver plated wire which was set onto a small wire arch with loops at either end suitable for pinning to the hair.

The shape was very organic and I used 'branches' of wire with small freshwater pearls to create a fern design which surrounded the clusters of pearls, crystals and diamante.

It was very light and easy to wear, ideal for dancing the night away!

I think this design can be used in a variety of ways.
Fixing a brooch fastening to the back to create a decorative brooch which could be fastened to an outfit or maybe to fix a sash around the waist.

Designed and created by

shh...sarah hemsley headdresses

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!